CBPOA – November 2nd, 2016 – Executive Committee Meeting.
Activities and Actions
1) Robert Doolan has joined the Executive Committee as a Director-at-Large.
Robert is Board Chair at Alexandra Neighbourhood House.
2) The City has experienced some delay in gaining approvals and has changed the wave splash over protection system project to be the berm and re-grading of the path with no catch basin installation. A contractor has been lined up and work will start soon. The Parks department is working on the concrete sitting wall at Beecher Place and it is also expected to go in this year.
3) The Directors of the CBPOA are sending a letter of support to Beach House Theatre to assist in their grant applications. In addition we are sending a donation of $1000 to Beach House Theatre, as a contribution to a local Crescent Beach organization that has a positive impact on our community.
4) Planning for the December 7th, 2016, Quarterly General meeting and Christmas Mingle.
5) A beautification grant application has been made to the City to improve the area outside the sports box on Sullivan St. Members are encouraged to suggest ideas and opportunities for other potential beautification projects for grant applications.