1) Given the schedule conflicts of some Directors, in 2018, the Executive Committee will meet on Tuesday evenings in the alternate months to the General meetings.
The General meetings will continue to be held on the first Wednesday of the month.
There will now be 6 meetings in 2018, to be held in January, March, May, July, September, and November, with the Christmas mingle as a social event in December.
2) The City has delivered the invitations to their (second) community Open House to be held on Wednesday November 8th, from 6 PM to 8 pm at Beecher Place.
The CBPOA General meeting on Wednesday, November 15th will be held at Beecher Place at 7:30 pm.
3) Emergency Preparedness. Conversations are occurring with those members previously involved and this will be a topic at the January 2018 General meeting to discuss the current appetite among members to pursue some type of initiative.
4) The rail fencing and whistle cessation initiatives were discussed and the Executive Committee is asking the City for what can be communicated to our members.
5) Preparation for the December meeting and Christmas mingle.
The Blackie Spit Preservation Society AGM will be part of the December meeting agenda.